• When can an application for accreditation be made?
– An application can be made at any time, there are no fixed
application dates. The most important thing is to submit a
completed application. Otherwise, a request for improvement can
be made and the application rejected in some cases.
• Can English language courses be offered and English academic
degrees be awarded? - Yes, as long as the courses and degrees
are internationally comparable and the other conditions for accreditation
• Is financing through public means possible? –
The University Accreditation Law strictly prohibits state funding.
However, where necessary the state can ‘buy’ courses
from private universities. The federal states and local councils
are generally not prohibited from financing private universities.
• Do the same admissions deadlines and conditions apply
as in state universities? – No, private universities establish
their own admissions deadlines. In addition to the admission criteria
prescribed for state universities, private universities can implement
entrance examinations and other selection mechanisms aimed at quality